Sunday, October 25, 2009

BC Crop for Kids Scrapbooking Weekend



Friday afternoon I arrived at the Ramada Inn in Abbotsford for the 2009 BC Crop for Kids Scrapbooking Crop. I didn't take very many photos this year and some of the ones I did take didn't turn out. ARGH!! My point and shoot and I are having issues. Here is a small collection of photos and a few stories. Friday night I met my Scrapaholic friends for dinner and drinks at the White Spot in the hotel. After dinner we all strolled over to the registration desk to get our welcome packages and find our seats. Then it was time to set up our Scrapbooking Creation Stations. I was pleasantly sandwiched between all my friends.


For dinner on Saturday night I decided I wanted pizza and to watch the ALCS Baseball Game #6 between the New York Yankees and the Los Angeles Angels. Unfortunately Mother Nature had other plans for New York City and the game was cancelled due to rain. But I found a couple of friends in Hayley and Carrie to join me in our room for a Pizza Party and I did find the Canucks game on T.V. to help suffice my need for some sports action while waiting and waiting for our dinner. Let's just say that FREE pizza is really really delicious.


Saturday night was the Tropical Night Theme Party and I was all dressed up with my muumuu, leis, sunglasses, palm tree and pineapple drink. There was some really great costumes, way to go all you Scrappers. This was also the time when the Scrapaholics presented to Mary and Sandra from Crop for Kids our Fundraising cheque for $1000.00 for BC Children's Hospital. Thank you to all those that participated in our fundraising efforts.




On Sunday morning I decided to take my camera outside for a mini Fall photo shoot. I love the changing of the seasons especially from Summer to Fall. The colours are just amazing. I was reaching over some plants trying to get a great Macro shot and low and behold I met this guy. I first jumped back and then decided that I should shoot him too.




Hope you have had a great weekend and Thanks for stopping by.

ScrappeeDiane :o)


5 comments:

Jo said...

I had a blast with you this weekend Diane! This crop was total fun!

Izzy said...

I had a great time with you this weekend! thanks for the giggles :)

Kathy said...

I had a great time too! So glad you were there! Can't wait till next year!

laterg8r said...

holy hannah you scared the freak out of me with that spidey!!!!

i had a great time with you too, especially the 2 am giggles :D

hayleycreates said...

Can we snuggle next year?

Just kidding. Loved spending the weekend with you. I always have a blast with you roomie.

WHAT?